1868 Founded as a mission of Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis
1872 Established as a parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri
1893 Parish moved to the corner of Lindell Blvd. and Spring Ave.
1949 Parish moved from the downtown location to the corner of Warson and Ladue roads. The Church sits on a five acre lot with woods on two boundaries. The Nave seats 400 worshipers. To link the past with the future, many items were relocated:
–The altar, communion silver and the altar flower vases
–The brass altar cross and candlesticks, the white marble and baptismal font, the processional cross
–The cornerstone, moved and placed in the new Church
1957 Education Wing and Little Building added for needed Sunday School space, which included:
— Twelve classrooms, a nursery, and offices
— Laird Garden built
1986 St. Peter’s founded Haven of Grace
1992 Columbarium constructed in response to a need for interment on the parish grounds
1998 Grace Chapel built to provide space for additional services and private meditation. The stained glass windows were created by Brother Steve Erspamer and Emil Frei Associates, Inc., local artists and craftsmen in St. Louis.
2001 Interior of church building restored
2001 Chancel Organ completed by N.P. Mander, Ltd. of London
2016 St. Peter’s continues to be a joyful, welcoming parish with over 1100 members working together to further God’s mission in the world.