July 29, 2019, 12:00 AM
St. Peter's is one of the host sites for the 2019 Pipe Organ Encounter in St. Louis presented by the St. Louis Chapter of the American Guild of Organists. Young and aspiring organists will play on our two organs this week: the 53-rank Mander in the church, and the 4-rank Mander chamber organ in Grace Chapel.
The 2019 Pipe Organ Encounter (POE) in St. Louis is designed for teenagers, age 13-18, who have achieved an intermediate level of keyboard proficiency. Previous organ study is not required. Students will receive one-on-one organ instruction, visit many of the amazing organs in the St. Louis area and meet new friends!
• Daily organ lessons with qualified organist
• Practice time on a variety of pipe organs
• Workshops and master classes
• Classes in areas such as pipe organ construction and design, improvisation and organ literature
• Faculty organ concerts and demonstrations
• Final student recital