Church Opening for Personal Prayer on July 1
Church Opening for Personal Prayer on July 1 - Phase One of St. Peter’s re-opening will begin with opening the sanctuary for personal prayer on Sunday and Wednesday mornings, beginning this Wednesday, July 1. If you have missed being in the holy space of our main sanctuary, we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy its peaceful solace.
To safeguard everyone’s health, the following rules will be in place:
- The hour from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. will be dedicated to parishioners at higher risk for suffering serious complications from COVID-19 (those 65 years of age or older or living with a serious underlying medical condition). See cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/groups-at-higher-risk.html.
- The church will be open to everyone from 10:00 a.m. to Noon.
- Attendance will be limited to 20 people at a time.
- Entrance and exit will be through the front double doors of the church (wheelchair accessible via the west side ramp).
- Before entering, all will self-assess for COVID symptoms based on criteria posted at the front doors, and refrain from entering if experiencing any symptoms. See cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html. If you are feeling at all poorly or running a fever on the morning you plan to come to church, we ask that you please stay home, waiting until you are well to be in a common space with fellow parishioners.
- Everyone will fill out the contact tracing registry in the narthex and use the provided hand sanitizer.
- Everyone will wear a mask and practice social distancing while in the building.
- Everyone will sit only in a space marked by a blue cross, indicating an available, not previously used, seat.
Because prayer books and hymnals have been removed from the pews, please bring a BCP from home or download the app if you would like to have the resource.
While the prayers books are temporarily absent, one of the clergy will be present if you would like to pray with someone.
Please note: Despite cleaning of the church buildings, additional sanitation of “high-touch” areas, and all other precautions being taken, a risk of coronavirus infection continues to exist. Everyone must evaluate their personal risk in deciding whether to come to church for prayer or to continue to pray at home. In making your decision, please remember that God hears us, wherever we pray.
Next Steps: The next step in Phase One of St. Peter’s re-opening will be to replace personal prayer time on Sunday mornings with a worship service at 9:00 a.m. Information about that service will be coming soon. All online worship services will continue when we commence in person worship.
We look forward to seeing you soon, online or at the corner of Warson and Ladue!